MRK Dan and Steph set to sizzle at Real Food Festival
My Kitchen Rules stars, Dan and Steph Mulheron will be special guest judges at a barbecue cook-off to be held at the Sunshine Coast Real Food Festival.
Four teams of two will cook-off against each other, where they will create an impressive barbecue dish using the Sunshine Coast’s best sausages, complemented by produce sourced from local exhibitors at the festival.
Dan and Steph will be on hand to provide expert advice to the competing teams.
The winning team will win a BBQ and a private cooking lesson with the sausage king (and queen), Dan and Steph.
Dan said that he is excited to see what the competitors come up with in the 30 minutes they will have to complete their dish.
“It will be great fun, with contestants dashing around to exhibitors in a timed race to collect their ingredients, before heading to the stage to whip up their creative and delicious dish,” he said.
The competition will be held on Sunday 14 September 2014 with competitors being chosen via the Real Food Festival website.
After winning the fourth series of Chanel Seven’s hit show ‘My Kitchen Rules’ in 2013, Dan and Steph have honed their cooking skills and recently opened their own restaurant, Eat at Dan & Steph’s, located in their home town of Hervey Bay.
“We love getting out and about in South-East Queensland and supporting local food producers, and the Sunshine Coast has so much variety and quality products on offer,” Dan said.
To nominate, visit www.realfoodfestivals.com.au/dan-steph-bbq-cook/ or scroll down to see the competition details below.
The Real Food Festival will be held at the Maleny Showgrounds, 13 Stanley River Road, Maleny on 13 & 14 September from 9am to 4pm daily and will showcase an abundance of good foods from more than 100 Sunshine Coast producers, manufacturers and restaurants. Entry is $20 for a daily adult pass and children under 16 are free.
For more information on the Real Food Festival, visit www.realfoodfestivals.com.au
Dan & Steph BBQ Cook-Off Competition
1. Email email@example.com with the following:
– names of your two team members
– why you make a great BBQ team
2. Attach a photo or include a description of your best BBQ recipe – preference will be given to recipes that showcase local ingredients
Entries close on 25 August 2014. The four chosen teams will be notified by email within 48 hours.
All entries must comply with the Terms and Conditions as stated below.
Dan & Steph BBQ Cook-off – Terms & Conditions
- Entries open on 23 July 2014 and close on 25 August 2014.
- Each team consists of two people, both of whom must be available to compete at the Sunshine Coast Real Food Festival in Maleny on Sunday 14 September from 10am to 2pm.
- The deadline for receiving entries for the Cook-off is final. No entries received after the given date will be considered.
- Entries must be received by email as described.
- Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd will only ever use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Cook-off, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without their permission.
- Photographs submitted must be the entrant’s own original work and must not have been published previously or been obtained from a secondary source.
- All entrants must be individuals and not on behalf of a company or organisation.
- This competition is not open to employees or contractors of Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd, any person directly or indirectly involved in the running of the competition, or their direct family members.
- No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
- Selection of the four competing teams will be made by Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd – selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The four competing teams will be contacted by email – each selected team must reply by email within 7 days of notification of their selection, after which it will be deemed to have been forfeited and Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd reserves the right to offer the selection to another entrant.
- Competing teams must be prepared to cook a variety of sausages, which will be supplied by Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd as part of the Cook-off.
- The judges’ decision about the winning team is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The private cooking lesson with Dan & Steph must be taken within six months and is only available at their restaurant in Hervey Bay – arrangements are to be made directly between the winning team and Dan & Steph.
- The prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
- Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when nominating their team.
- This competition is administered by Real Food Festivals Pty Ltd.